EXPERIMENTING WITH COLLAGE AND STITCH
Wednesday, January 25, 2023
9:30 am – 4:00 pm
Gloria Dei Church Hall
Instructor: Lorna Moffat
Description: Lorna will design a project around a linear stitched portrait with a floral hairdo. She will have options to create a collage butterfly in layers of colour, pattern and stitch. She will talk about several different techniques used in her work.
Kit: Lorna offers a kit for an additional $30. The kit contains 2 metres of Steam-a-Seam, a panel of wool Melton, and a booklet of stencils to trace.
Payment by cheque:
- Bring your cheque for the workshop, and for the kit if you are purchasing one, to the December or January meeting.
- Please make your cheque payable to “Seymour Quilters Guild” and postdate it to January 1, 2023.
- Bring your cheque to the December or January meeting or mail to Barb M (see membership list for address).
Payment by e-Transfer:
- After December 31, 2022, please.
- Send to: email@example.com
These are photos of some of Lorna’s pillows. They may not be exactly what would be created in the workshop but they do illustrate her techniques.
To see more, visit Lorna Moffat’s online shopping page.
November 2 & 16, 2022. Seminole Workshop. In person. Two days. Instructor: Marilyn C. Marilyn led participants through the creation of two or three rows of Seminole on each day. Participants learned about joining sets of strips and cutting them and sewing again to create patterns. She drew from books on Seminole and local quilter Carol Piercy’s patterns.
May 18, 2022. Piece a Spiral Workshop on Zoom. One day. Instructor: Katherine Morgan. This workshop involved piecing a double spiral using prints for one of the spirals. A Liftgate Exchange was held a few weeks before the workshop for members to share fabrics for the project and to buy fabric and kits from Katherine Morgan.
April 20 & April 22, 2022. Hex Trade Workshop on Zoom over two mornings. Instructor: Janet Barker. Using simple strip piecing techniques and a 60⁰ ruler with a blunt tip, Janet explored the many possible hexagon block variations that could be used in a sampler quilt or other projects.
- Janet’s Etsy shop – jbquiltdesigns
- Janet on Facebook – JB Quilt Designs
- Canadian Quilters’ Association interview with Janet Barker
March 16 & 18, 2022. Harmonic Convergence Inspired by Ricky Tims on Zoom. Instructor: Corey Ralph. This was a fun and informative workshop. Corey is friendly and patient, and he offered many useful hints beyond the pattern.
January 12 & 14, 2022. Interwoven Art on Zoom. Instructor: Melissa Marginet.