Seymour Quilters Guild has a collection of books on many topics for loan to members.
Our collection is currently unavailable, except for those in the list below. To request a book or magazine from this list, please contact the Librarian.
Available for Loan:
- Canadian Quilter, Stay Strong, Stay Safe, Make Quilts, Summer 2020.
- Canadian Quilter, Diversity and Inclusion, Alberta’s Quilt History and Holiday Stars, Winter 2020.
- Canadian Quilter, Young love, African Canadian Quilts, Online Anniversary Celebrations, Spring 2021.
- Bell, Louise, 201 Quilt Blocks, Motifs, Projects and Ideas published in 2008. It includes traditional and original patchwork blocks, applique patterns and projects
- Burch, Laurel: Kindred Creatures: 12 Projects for Applique & Embellishment Art/Colour/Design book published in 2001. It includes 12 projects that feature whimsical felines, butterflies, dogs, flowers, using applique, embroidery, fabric painting, stamping, etc…
- Brown, Kathy: Strip-Smart Quilts II, Make 16 Triangle Quilts With One Easy Technique, published in 2013.
- C & T Publishing, Make Pillows, 12 Stylish Projects to Sew, published 2016. Includes patchwork, applique and embroidery designs.
- Corry, Melissa, Irish Chain Quilts, Contemporary Twists on a Classic Design, published 2015.
- Farkas, Cassia, Editor: The Big Book of Quilting: Everything You Need to Create Beautiful Quilts, Decorative Accessories, Apparel and more, published 1986.
- Johanson, Ameli: Table-runner Roundup, 13 Quilted Projects to Spice Up Your Table, published 2013.
- Marek, Katja, Distinctive Dresdens. 26 Intriguing Blocks, 6 Projects. Published in 2017.
- Marginet, Melissa Edge-to-Edge Walking Foot Quilting Designs, published 2020.
- Marginet, Melissa, Walking Foot Quilting Designs, published 2018.
- Martigale & Co. (publishers) The Big Book of Little Quilts, 51 Patterns, Small in Size, Big on Style, published 2019. Includes modern, Retro favourites, Applique and Holiday quilts.
- Martin, Nancy: A Treasury of Scrap Quilts, Published in 2005. It includes 18 quilt patterns, traditional and new twists on classic blocks, with a very good introduction to quilt making.
- Noel, Sherri: Text It! Quilts and Pillows With Something to Say, published 2019. It includes 7 full sized alphabets.
- Pease, Pat and Hill, Wendy: Creative Quilt Challenges: Take the Challenge to Discover Your Style and Improve Your Design Skills, published 2016,
- Wells, Jean, Patchwork Quilts Made Easy, Revised 2nd Edition published in 2003. It includes 33 Quilts, vintage and contemporary. Everything you need: template piecing, strip piecing, applique, curved seams, includes recommendations for quilting designs to complete the quilt
- Wilens, Patricia (editor) Great American Quilts – Book Seven, published in 1999. A collection from quilters from the U.S. and it includes contemporary and art quit patterns.
Please contact the Librarian if you are interested in any of the following publications. If there are multiple requests for the same item, a draw will be held and the lucky winner will be notified.
- Better Homes and Gardens: Canning, Preserving, Freezing, Drying and Fermenting, August 2016.
- Better Homes and Gardens Fall/ Winter 2010 Creative Collection: Quilt Sampler with Kits for every quilt
- Canadian Quilter, Thread Tips, Recipe for Success, Winter Inspiration, Winter 2019.
- Hanisko, Dorothy, Simply Seminole, copy 2 published in 1997. It includes 36 band designs, 13 quilts, strip piecing with intricate patterns
- Miller, Cathy Mock Moolah, Hot and Cold, Raw Edge, Reverse Applique by machine pattern.
- Quilting Arts Magazine Issue 62 April/May 2013: 15 quilts and projects inspired by coffee and tea, innovative art quilts, mixed media quilts.
- Quilting Arts Magazine Issue 63. June/July 2013: Stencil, Paint, Dye ad Stitch, Make Monoprints by fusing layers of paint.
- Quilting Arts Magazine, Issue 60 December/ January 2013. Hand stitching, digital collage, screen printing, art cloth from photo to fabric.
- Quilting Arts Magazine Issue 65 October/November 2013, Surface Design: monoprint your wardrobe, dye two-tone fabric, control rusting, print cyanotype imagery and 25 inspiring art quilts.
- Walner, Hari, Trapunto by Machine published in 1996. It teaches stippling, machine trapunto, shading with stitches, shadowing and provides 21 patterns.
Currently unavailable for loan: