At the March meeting we were inspired by guest speaker – Vivian Kapusta during her presentation Follow Your Heart
Using a slide show to illustrate her points Vivian talked about
- inspiration — She encouraged us to observe the natural world, to keep a journal of ideas, to take art courses, and to believe in ourselves when we want to try new ideas.
- and design — It was like a short course and the points that struck a chord with me were those on rhythm, unity, colour value, embellishment, and the element of surprise.
After the slide show her trunk show re-enforced her points and provided more awesome inspiration. Vivian was an excellent follow-up from the February meeting as she mentioned how she had used a few of the embellishment/painting techniques mentioned by Ilse, Isabel, and Bev.
Vivian has a strong presence in the Fabric Art world and on the Internet. You will find her
- in her blog called vivian – in stitches
- listed as a member of the Fibre Art Network
- on Facebook and LinkedIn
- last year on the CQA website as a Workshop Teacher. She has also previously been on the CQA Executive.
- involved at the La Conner Quilt & Textile Museum