- The size of your half-square triangles
- How many HSTs your quilt needs
- Whether you want borders and what size they could be
Helpful links for HSTs:
- SQG Block of the Month for September 2017 has diagrams showing the construction of HSTs made two at a time. (Magic 8 link obsolete – see alternative below). https://seymourquiltersguild.ca/block-of-the-month-2017-2018/september-2017/
- The Spruce Crafts – How to Make Magic 8 Half Square Triangle Units https://www.thesprucecrafts.com/magic-8-half-square-triangle-units-2821440
- Beech Tree Lane Handmade gives diagrams and a chart of sizes for 8 at a time. https://beechtreelanehandmade.com/2017/01/26/make-eight-half-square-triangles-at-a-time-with-this-super-fast-method/
- Blossom Heart Quilts emphasizes the squaring up of the HSTs http://www.blossomheartquilts.com/2015/05/hst-tutorials-and-tips-for-accuracy/
- Vancouver Modern Quilt Guild – Niki posted more links in the Round Robin
- Diary of a Quilter Short Cuts https://www.diaryofaquilter.com/half-square-triangle-short-cuts-and/
- Beginner Quilting – Half Square Triangle Tutorial. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hM2jHjci64w
- Quilting Daily – Half Square Triangle Quilts to Try. https://www.quiltingdaily.com/half-square-triangle-quilts-to-try-quilting-daily/
This is the final block for the Grow-a-Quilt Challenge 2021. It has been fun and the participants have each created unique quilts to have or share.
Thanks to the Vancouver Modern Quilt Guild – http://vancouvermodernquiltguild.ca/blog/round-robin-2021/ – for the inspiration in suggesting the block for each month.
To finish off our Grow a Quilt Challenge we are going to have a draw at the October meeting. If you have done at least three steps in the Grow a Quilt Challenge send Barb M or Marilyn C your name and we will enter you in the draw