Members exchanged Christmas gifts with a “star” theme.
About the Christmas Gift Exchange 2021
10 November 2021 – the email lines open so you can register for the Christmas Block Exchange. The lines close Sunday 15 November. Watch your email and/or the newsletter for directions on how to participate. Have fun.
INSPIRATION for Christmas Blocks – IDEAS
- What is your favourite block? Make a 10.5″ or 12.5″ unfinished block using your Christmas fabrics.
- Search the Internet for “Christmas quilt block images” on your browser or on Pinterest
- SQG BoM – November Tree Block – 2017 – you could shorten the tree trunk on the bottom so that the block is 12.5″ and add borders on the sides to make it square.
- SQG BoM – December Star Block – 2017 – you could make the 6.5″ star and add a border of 2.5″ strips all around for a 10.5″ block or a border of 3.5″ strips all around for a 12.5″ block. Or, make the star larger.
- Spruce Crafts – there are Christmas Quilt Patterns or one can search free quilt blocks
- Moda Bake Shop – explore Inspiration and Resources for block ideas
- We All Sew from Bernina – Christmas Projects – scroll through to find blocks
- Diary of a Quilter – Amy Smart – My Favorite Christmas Quilts
- Pellon – Mistletoe Mug Rug – could use for mistletoe design
Marilyn, Barb M, Les O